Sedation Dentistry Gardena, CA
Since some patients have trepidation about dentistry, we offer safe sedation options, so they don’t have to worry about feeling pain during their procedure. Our Gardena dentists are highly experienced in all dental surgeries and sedation options. Patients are carefully monitored during every procedure, and we ensure your safety and your comfort at every step.
Who Should Use Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry can help patients who:
- Have sensitive gas reflexes
- Have had unpleasant dental experiences
- Are resistant to getting numb
What are the Different Types of Sedation?
Depending on your circumstances and procedure you might need, we offer several safe sedation options:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is a popular and mild sedative gas that is mixed with oxygen. It wears off quickly and patients do well with this sedation.
- Oral sedation is prescribed by our doctor before your treatment, so when you come in for the appointment you are calm and relaxed.
- IV sedation involves intravenous medication. This sedation works quickly and the dentist can easily control the amount of sedation to ensure comfort and relaxation. You will not be unconscious, but you may fall asleep during the procedure.